Monday, July 12, 2010

3rd spacecraft (Zoot the bounty hunter)

Real name: Zoot Species: Cazeranian Call sign: Mr. Gray
“I had Flown into Mudd Eisley today in search of my lousy, stinking, brother in law who ran off with my share of the take for the last job, and when I find him this plasma fist is going right up his…well you get the idea” “Trust no one they will only stab you in the back, especially family they will stab you in the front”
(originaly written for the Dropship Horizon name the alien contest)


The figure is from Critical Mass Games mercenaries set
The ship is made once again out of old part from my bit boxes. The cockpit is part of a Tie fighter from the Starwars clix toys, the main body is an old Brut cologne bottle with the engine made from a GW paint bottle cap(as you can see) other bits added from old model kits








6 comments:

David The Archmage said...

The only thing that bugs me is the spot where the GW paint pot cap attaches to the ship. The gaps to either side just bug me a little. I think a piece of plasticard cut to cover the hole would make a big difference. Big for me anyway.

Aside from that it's a great ship, and I totally get the character and the ship going together.

Eli Arndt said...

This is awesome. An alternative to card covering the gap and one easier to do now that it's together and painted, would be to fill the space with some little greeblies that look like mechanical workings like they do in start wars.

The use of the TIE fighter for the cockpit/command module is inspired as well. what did you use for guns and landing gear?

-Eli

bandit86 said...

Dave, you’re absolutely correct it bothered me too. I’ll have to fix it up somehow.
Eli, The main gun was from an old toy as was the rear landing gear (I think an old Robo cop thing) the front gear was the foot of an old model robot as were the side guns. I basically just go to the bit box and pull things out and say oh this looks right.

Eli Arndt said...

Excellent. My scratchbuilds always suffer from a pretty weak bits box.

-Eli

David The Archmage said...

They really like your posts don't they?

bandit86 said...

I guess so :(